The Community of African Banking Supervisors (CABS)
The Community of African Banking Supervisors (CABS) will have the status of a subsidiary body of the AACB and shall become a platform for exchanging views at the level of bank supervisors, learning from peers, reflecting on relevant global discussions and help in voicing the concerns of the continent.
Its main objective is to contribute to ongoing efforts to strengthen banking regulatory and supervisory frameworks in Africa.
The objectives of the CABS are defined as:
- Fostering liaison, co-operation and exchange of best practices among regulators and supervisors in Africa;
- Harnessing knowledge resources and expertise from within and outside the continent to enhance regulatory and supervisory capacities and facilitating capacity-building initiatives to enhance the skills of professional staff;
- Catalyze financial and technical assistance to support banking regulatory and supervisory reform processes;
- Play a consultative role in framing the concerns and the priorities of the continent;
- Assisting authorized policy making bodies including sub-regional supervisory bodies in articulating African positions on banking regulatory reforms discussed at the international level.
FOR LOGGING INTO THE MEMBERS AREA, Click here